[clug] installing Ubuntu 7.04

Brett Worth brett at worth.id.au
Wed Aug 22 09:57:57 GMT 2007

Julian Milthorpe wrote:

> What should I do?

Julian,

I thought I should make sure you realise that installing Linux on your system will destroy
Windows and all files you have on there already.  The message you posted indicates that
you're still running Windows when you try to load Linux.  Windows is not required for the
Linux installation and will magically disappear along with all files when you do finally
get the installation happening.

The only way to not destroy your Windows is to configure a dual-boot environment which is
probably not a good idea if you're just starting with Linux.

Regards
Brett