[clug] Google recruitment

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Wed Aug 1 08:15:50 GMT 2007

Hugh Fisher wrote:

> Subject: Google would like to converse with you

Goodness me!  I got something almost identical earlier this year, also from
Bianca.  Only mine suggested that Google had some "international positions"
available in Sydney...  I wrote back and told her I was disappointed at her lack
of research:

	6th April, 2007

	Thankyou for this generous offer, although it is a shame that it appears
	that you were not able to customise your form letter to show knowledge
	of my skills, occupation or country of residence.  It is a shame because
	all of this information is very easily found by your search engine when
	searching for "Jacinta Richardson".

I do understand that it's much easier to do a mail merge, but I would have loved
to see a more personal touch.  It would have tempted me away from my current
job, but it could well have done so from my previous....

All the best,

	Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |