[clug] "Trusting" a remote machine booting from a CD

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Mon Apr 23 02:16:36 GMT 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 11:39:33AM +1000, Tony Lewis wrote:
> Yeah, I thought of this.  The issue is more protecting the data that the
> machine will have access to.
The best way to do that is to not have the data on the remote machine in
the first place, but doing that is hard.  A program that doesn't store
anything locally but treats all text as images may work, but it doesn't
beat the screen capture.

The problem is your CD has to have something on it to say "yes I am the
real deal" and of course that something can lie.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au