[clug] PS3 Linux Problem

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Tue Apr 17 12:21:19 GMT 2007

Brett,

> What I was wondering is: How do I get back to the standard PS3
> startup screen (which I think is called XMB) so that I could boot
> into say, a game?  Is there some magic button sequence to be held
> down on the controller or something?

Depending on the distro installer, you should have a program
called 'boot-game-os' which (funnily enough) boots gameOS.

Alternatively, the boot-game-os utility may be available from the kboot
bootloader instead. Just type 'sh' when it prompts you which OS to boot
to, then try 'boot-game-os' from the shell.

Hope this helps,

Jeremy