[clug] PC Forensics / Fun [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 10:10:19 GMT 2007

On 4/3/07, Roppola, Antti - BRS <Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au> wrote:

> If the media has got really nifty stuff on it, they use one-way Brownian
> encryption[1].

> [1] Throw the drive into an iron smelter and melt it.

I seem to recall something about chopping disk platters into very,
very small pieces. The pieces need to be small enough to fit through
the holes in a sieve. As the security level goes up, the sieve hole
size goes down. So for super ultra top mega crazy secret secret,
you're supposed to pretty well turn the platters into dust.

--
MC