[clug] mirror.pacific.net.au issues

Michael James clug at james.st
Tue Sep 26 01:52:38 GMT 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 05:19 pm, Paul Wayper wrote:
> > mirror.aarnet.edu.au is so far out of date it wrecks CPAN.
> >
> I'm so glad you said that, I thought I must be going mad.
> CPAN kept breaking every time I wanted to install something,

To fix it you have to re-run the CPAN first time setup,
 or edit the duff mirror out of /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/CPAN/Config.pm

Then wait a day; or go into your CPAN cache directory
 and delete just about everything.

Only then will it work again.
Makes me wary about going near mirror.aarnet.

--
There is no perl one line hack
 that a page of java won't do more elegantly.