[clug] mirror.pacific.net.au issues

Michael James Michael.James at csiro.au
Mon Sep 25 07:06:18 GMT 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 04:05 pm, Tomasz Ciolek wrote:
> s it only me or is mirror.pacific.net.au not behaving corrcetly
> (and who do I contact about that fact?)

IMHO none of the australian mirrors are worth a cracker.

mirror.aarnet.edu.au is so far out of date it wrecks CPAN.
mirror.pacific and mirror.iinet are usually a day or 2 OOD.
(That's for SuSE updates)

mirrors.kernel.org rocks for Perl and SuSE!

Michael James                         michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator                    voice:  02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility             fax:  02 6246 5166

No matter how much you pay for software,
 you always get less than you hoped.
Unless you pay nothing, then you get more.