[clug] ebay

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Wed Sep 20 05:26:37 GMT 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:23:03 +1000
Bill Clarke <llib at computer.org> wrote:

> On a related note (browser incompatibility): Canberra Connect no longer
> lets you pay bills online using Firefox (when it used to work just
> fine).  They recommend IE or Safari.  I wrote them a (somewhat abusive)
> complaint (I was irate at the time).  I recommend those of you who use
> the service do the same (although perhaps less abusive might be sensible).
> (I wonder if changing the browser id will help?)

You can download an Firefox extension, User Agent Switcher-0.6.9 from the extensions area.

It "fools" the form.

There is a note on the reject page indicating that they are working on making it functional on other browsers

Couldn't get Konqueror accepted with IE6 or Safari set.

Last time I tried to pay a bill on that site they didn't offer any alternative to a "Pay now" option which doesn't suit me so don't use their site.

Owen