[clug] share speaker through bluetooth or network?

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Mon Sep 18 09:33:25 GMT 2006

http://www.logicgear.com.au/catalogue/category49/c1571

On 2006 Sep 14, at 3:35 PM, Mathew Meins wrote:

> On 14/9/06 7:37 AM, "Kim Holburn" <kim at holburn.net> wrote:
>
>> Last Tuesday in the gadget section at the back of the Australian IT
>> section they had 2 pairs of bluetooth headphones.  They had a small
>> bluetooth dongle you could plug into your TV and you could pair the
>> headphones with your phone and laptop as well at the same time.  If
>> it could be done with headphones it could be done with a bluetooth
>> sound card.  Is there such a thing?  I just got a USB sound card
>> recently.  It's like a USB headset but has jacks to plug in your own
>> headphones.
>
> Sound cards and phones use two different Bluetooth profiles,
> Advanced Audio
> Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Headset Profile (HSP). The main
> difference
> between them is that HSP provides signaling to answer and hang up
> calls etc,
> and it uses a codec that sounds lousy. A2DP, on the other hand, sounds
> pretty decent.
>
> Do these allow you to pair with both devices using A2DP, or only
> one device
> with A2DP, and the other with HSP?
>

> --

Kim Holburn
Security Manager, National ICT Australia Ltd.
Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 417820641  F: +61 2 6230 6121
mailto:kim.holburn at nicta.com.au  aim://kimholburn
Cacert Root Cert: http://www.cacert.org/cacert.crt
Aust. Spam Act: To stop receiving mail from me: reply and let me know.
Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD] http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/
datefmt.htm

                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961