[clug] share speaker through bluetooh or network?

Michael Cohen michael.cohen at netspeed.com.au
Wed Sep 13 23:06:33 GMT 2006

Hi Chris,
  This sort of thing is normally done using upnp - and gstreamer. You install a
  upnp "render" e.g. GMediaRender on the machine physically connected to the
  speaker, and then all your apps stream to it over the network. I know some
  people who use a small router with a usb sound card as a way to wirelessly
  stream music to speakers. See openwrt for example.

  Michael.