[clug] CLUG site

Steve Walsh Steve at nerdvana.org.au
Tue Sep 12 09:56:04 GMT 2006

Somehow, I don't think hosting it is so much of an issue.

Apart from Tarrant's space at dreamhost, within CLUG we have member from 7 Web
hosting companies (I'm erring on the low side), 4 server colocation providers,
at least 3 VPS/Xen/UML hosters (again on the low side), as well as a metric
crapload of personal boxes scattered across various commodity links, a number of
personal and business accounts with people such as dreamhost and the like, not
to mention Ozlabs (who currently host it) and the Power5 LOPP box at ANU. Space
and traffic is not an issue.

The biggest problem (as I see it), is the actual site itself. Yes, it does need
an overhaul. Something active would be nice, something that a number of people
can update and add to is also probably quite nice. Basically, we have a number
of options in terms of CMS's (Joomla, Drupal, Mambo, PostNuke, PHP-Nuke), Blogs
(Wordpress, Bloxom, b2Evolution, sBlog), Wiki's (MediaWiki, phpwiki,
wikkitikkitava).

What probably needs to be done is to actually decide what we want the CLUG
website to do.

So, if you want to have input into it, please come along to the PSIG meeting on
Thursday night and we can define what it needs to do, what would be nice for it
to do, and then the relevant people can take one step forward and take on the
project, rather than have 2 groups going in opposite directions to the same end.

Steve