[clug] CLUG site

Pietro Abate Pietro.Abate at anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 12 02:27:22 GMT 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 06:45:39PM -0700, Tarrant wrote:
> postnuke looks pretty alright.

this is an interesting article from the IBM folks about CMSs to
build collaborative websites...
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/ibm/osource/implement.html

I've been working with different CMSs in the last 3 years. postnuke is
a developer nightmare (I'll say close to the mess that is PhpBB, if you
know what I mean), Jomola is nice from a user prospective, but again the
api is not very refined, wordpress does only blogging and again, nice
eye candies, but messy api (actually never worked with WP api, but this
seems the general consensus).

These are the 5 CMS worth a look in my opinion:
http://www.packtpub.com/article/final_five_announced

Drupal is definitely my choice. They just freeze the code for the new
release that is expected in two months time (or when is ready). The
4.7.3 release is very stable at the moment and there are heaps of very
good modules for it. I've developed modules and themes for drupal and it
is really easy.

my 2 cents.

++ Blog: http://blog.rsise.anu.edu.au/?q=pietro
++
++ "All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
++ Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.