[UNCLASSIFIED]RE: [clug] Detecting malicious former employees

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Sep 11 20:28:07 GMT 2006

Basil Chupin wrote:

> I think that caution is necessary here.
>
> The original poster did NOT say that it was an (ex)empolyee of his but
> he was rather asking about a hypothetical situation occurring in "an
> organisation". However you are now very specifically stating that what
> is being discussed here is an (ex)employee rather than a hypothetical
> situation. This *is* a public forum.

We're not talking about a specific person though. I would expect any
organization to have an "exit checklist" that ensures that someone in a
trusted position has their access revoked properly. We're talking about
what should be on that checklist.

(In fact, in the US, it's pretty much legally required).

Mikal