[clug] Windows live CD

Mike J astro_mikel at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 07:16:43 GMT 2006

Sorry everyone i'll explain a bit better.

I work in a school environment (windows). We have special labs where
students bring in their own laptops and use them at school, we want to have
our own moe (managed operating env). But the idea at the moment is to image
the laptops with seperate partitions for the moe and their home oe.
I like the idea but it would be time consuming and i think it could be done
some other way.

The way i see it happening in my head is.....
Insert linux live dvd (no user interaction)
Auto start windows XP vmware image or session or something else?
Student logs into domain
Student runs XP and uses apps like office, usb key, network drives

this might not be possible just thought id ask, see if anyone had done
anything like this or similar or just has any input.

thanks again.