[clug] Windows live CD

Tarrant tarrant at aeria-design.com
Mon Sep 11 07:00:40 GMT 2006

First off - I haven't personally heard of a windows live cd... It's too big
I would have thought.

It'd be huge having a vmware session inside a live cd. DVD kind of size at
least I would think.

Live CDs joining the domain? I guess you could make individual live CDs of
windows so each CD had a different machine account. Still I don't see how
it'd work properly

Have you considered using a live CD that has fstab setup to mount network
shares or a script of some sort so when the user clicks it they can login
with their user & pass, this would then mount the appropriate shares with
the correct user accounts? Could that not be sufficient?

Terminal sessions are an alternative - a server running XP, using something
like VNC even (which happily runs under linux and I'd image a live CD too).
That doesn't really create separate sessions per user though. Terminal
servers can do that though...

Yep that's my two bits

- Taz