[clug] Server questions

E. kane at areujoking.com
Mon Sep 11 03:00:22 GMT 2006

That would create pass-through authentication, not domain authentication.

The questions I would be asking are...
Do you have to join the XP machines to the domain?  (try it and see)
Do you need an account for the PC's as well as the users? (check any
security logs that may exist)
XP also has other peculiar behaviours where a client cannot access/login to
a domain if:
(a) the time difference on the machines is more than 7 minutes.
(b) the default gateway and DNS are not set to address of the DC, thus
causing requests to end up being broadcasted and then blackhold. (set static
IP's and options pointed to the new server and see if this helps.

Cheers,
E.