[clug] MakeTheMove Website Demo

Peter Anderson peter.anderson at internode.on.net
Fri Sep 8 00:13:46 GMT 2006

Chris,

Thanks for the work you have done on the "MakeTheMove" website. As a
relatively new Linux user this has the makings of a very good resource.
I would be happy to contribute some of my 'newbie' type experiences for
the benefit of others trying Linux for the first (or second) time.

To many contributors to this thread - take a break and have a look at
the way this thread has progressed - who cares what happens with
Microsoft and its products, let Windows users worry about that, we know
we work in a better computing environment so why spend so much effort
worrying about an inferior environment. "MakeTheMove" surely only needs
to demonstrate to users of other computing platforms (Windows and Mac)
that there are Linux based equivalents to the potential Linux user's
current computing environments, then we can leave it to them to decide
if the equivalents are any good or not.

Regards,
Peter
--

Peter Anderson

E: peter.anderson at internode.on.net
P: +61 (0)2 4472 2274
M: +61 (0)418 249 648

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
introduction of a new order of things — Niccolo Machiavelli, /The
Prince/, ch. 6