[clug] RE: MakeTheMove Website Demo

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 11:52:13 GMT 2006

On 9/7/06, Kim Holburn <kim.holburn at nicta.com.au> wrote:
<summary>
MC: MS may access it freely.
KH:  Ummm, no, they can't access it if you don't let them.
MC:  MS co-owns your data.
KH: Again no, since last point not true, logic train derailed and this
doesn't follow.
</summary>

Okay. I accept that I may not have expressed myself clearly.

My assertion is that if you need to pay someone for the tools required
to make use of your data, then that someone has become a co-owner of
your data. Without your money in their pocket, you cannot use your
data.

Is that more sensible?

Oh, and thanks *so much* for all of this (you left out your DNA sequence).