[clug] MakeTheMove Website Demo

Kelly Daly kelly at au1.ibm.com
Thu Sep 7 01:58:45 GMT 2006

Hi Chris,

the section "Software you might be using", it could be read in one of
two ways: "software you might be using NOW on windows" or "software you
might be using if you turned to linux".

Why not make it both

I'm thinking a table or some such structure comparing what you use now
with the FOSS equivalent. A cost comparison might also be cool (just to
drum it into ppl who are looking at the dollar signs rather than their
right to software freedom as a whole)...

ie:
product				RRP $

MS Windows			$190 (or whatever it is)
Linux				FREE

MS Word				$billions
OpenOffice Writer		FREE

formatted a whole lot nicer, of course, with links from each of the open
source products to an information page about what it actually does,
screen dumps, etc so ppl can see that it is able to do what they
currently do now.  To be fair, you would have to mention about how evil
MS office has all these god-awful macros that openoffice can't emulate
(at least not in my experience), and then mention the ability to dual
boot or run any necessary win apps in wine or vmware or the likes.

Hope this is of some use to you...  I think the page is an awesome idea
- thanks for the efforts in getting it to what it is already!  =)

Cheers,
Kelly