[clug] Software Engineering

Stephen Boyd bunyipr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 05:54:35 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 09:46 +1000, Tarrant wrote:
> I've also been told that the
> first year or two(two for software engineering) you just need passes?
> It
> doesn't so much as count, is that true?

In general I would say that is just plain wrong.
Firstly, one of the indicators employers look for is a consistent
approach to your work (and study is hard work) over time, so credits or
above all the way through your studies is valuable - 51% certainly isn't
"good enough"!

Secondly, if you get into the habit of just getting passes, how will you
change gear and start getting higher marks?

And finally, you may need a credit average or similar to qualify for
honours or similar in the event your studies take you down that track.

Good luck,
Stephen.