[clug] MythTV on TransACT

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Sat Sep 2 20:38:42 GMT 2006

Not sure if this change in the 0.20 will work with TransACT i3 streams
but worth a look ..
here is the doc pasted out off the code link below
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/crcipnetworkrecorder.cpp?rev=9966

===quote====
    This type of "Capture Card" will record MPEG-2 Transport Stream feeds
     over UDP/IP. This recorder supports MPEG1/MPEG2/MPEG4-AVC video.

     1. USAGE
     --------
     To use this recorder in MythTV, start mythtv-setup and:
     - Create the a new "CRC IP Network Recorder" capture card.
     - Create a new video source with no listing grabber.
     - Create manually a new channel in the channel editor and set the
video source
       to the one you just created.
     - Set the CRC_IP->MPEG2TS input to the new video source and make
sure the
       "Starting channel" is set to the the channel number of the newly
created
       channel.

     The easiest way to try the IP streaming recorder is to use the VLC
player
     (www.videolan.org) to stream the content of a file (MPEG1 or
MPEG2), DVD or VCD
     to a UDP address using MPEG-TS transport. You can also use the H264
transcoder
     included in VLC if you have installed the mythtv_crc_h264 patch to
MythTV. H264
     transcoding seems to work correctly only from VLC 0.8.5-test3. A
H264 video is
     known to work with mp3 audio only, AAC support in MythTV is not
working.

     Here are some examples of VLC usage to test the Network input.
These examples
     are for the VLC player for Win32 but it should be the same for the
linux version
     except for the paths. Any movie DVD can be used in these examples.
The IP
     destination 192.168.1.100:1234 can be changed for your network
configuration:

     To stream the content of a DVD:
       vlc dvdsimple://dev/dvd
:sout=#duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=192.168.1.100:1234}}

     To stream the content of a DVD transcoded in realtime to h264 (fast
cpu needed!):
       vlc dvdsimple://dev/dvd
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=512,scale=0.5,acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=192.168.1.100:1234}}

     To transcode a DVD to h264 in a file named test.ts and then stream it:
       vlc dvdsimple://dev/dvd
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=512,scale=0.5,acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="test.ts"}}
       vlc "test.ts"
:sout=#duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=192.168.1.100:1234}}
===

Paul