[clug] Trump Telstra once and for all

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Tue Oct 10 12:48:17 GMT 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 09:28:22PM +1000, Sam Couter wrote:
> Andrew Goodall <andrew at fumpet.net> wrote:
>> In testing non-standard rates, I think one of the modems managed 13
>> Mbit/s.

> My Marconi can sustain two video streams (8Mb/s each?) and my 512kb IP
> connection running flat-out simultaneously.

The video streams are normally 4 Mb/s. I think Fox Sports used to go up
to 6Mb/s, and that is (I believe) the limit of the MPEG-2 decoder in the
Motorola.

I _think_ it used to be possible to squeeze three lower-bitrate channels
through an ISG, but it seems that's been blocked on the network now,
from discussions on this list.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.Com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/