[clug] Trump Telstra once and for all

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Mon Oct 9 06:12:45 GMT 2006

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 10:19:29AM +1000, Ben wrote:
> On 10/8/06, Andrew Smith <andrew at coolchilli.com> wrote:
> >Ben wrote:
> >> is to go wireless, or get Optus HFC, or TransACT. TransACT are worse
> >> than Telstra when it comes to wholesale access to their network;
> >Not true, in fact they're cheaper in most respects, and somewhat easier,
> >given that you can telehouse a floor away from the Broadband routers.

> No new providers - other than Grapevine and one sub-ISP of an existing
> retailer, in 2-3 years. Seems a bit odd to me, for an open network...

I can tell you from experience that's not true, at least.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.Com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/