[clug] Permissions

surv1v0r surviva00 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 8 22:49:29 GMT 2006

I have set up a Samba server on SuSE Linux. It works OK with one really
inconvenient problem.

Say I have two users - "alpha" & "bravo". They are both part of the group
"users". They run Windows 2000.

If alpha creates a file (e.g. text.txt), it has permissions 0755. This means
that bravo can read it but can't write it, can only save a copy - which
alpha can then read, but again, can't save with the same name.

How can I setup smb.conf to have files created by anyone have permissios
0777?

Many thanks for any responses.