[clug] linux-friendly mobile/pda

Jason j.lee.nielsen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 06:47:38 GMT 2006

I just recently found myself (on ebay) a sony-erricson p800 which runs symbianOS, I havent really had it long enough to say I recomend it as a phone (would require calling people) but it does its basic organizer jobs as well as my old treo180 which has slowly died on me. It doesnt have a full keyboard, just a virtual onscreen one. I guess its a matter of budget on what phone you get or else I would have gone for a 990 or a treo650. If you find a good phone/pda that runs linux I would be intrested as well, but I dont think your likly to find someone local to sell it to you.

PalmOs can be sunk to linux with a little pain and suffering, I havent tried with the p800 yet.

Jason