[clug] linux-friendly mobile/pda

Robert (Bob) Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Nov 30 01:26:53 GMT 2006

Time for me to replace my mobile (again) - each time due to failure of
the '0' key (makes dialing most numbers quite difficult, as well as
composing SMS's with spaces between the words...)

I'm looking for a phone that has good PDA functionality, preferably
even a full alphabet keyboard and that works well with Linux desktops.
I would even prefer one that actually runs Linux as it's native O/S.
Oh, and a good, robust keyboard would also be an advantage.

What are the Linux folk recommending these days (that's available
in Canberra)?

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.