[clug] and now the working version

Pietro Abate Pietro.Abate at anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 28 07:34:56 GMT 2006

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 06:10:53PM +1100, Dale Baldwin wrote:
> (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/mouse
> 	No such file or directory.
> (EE) Mouse0: cannot open input device
> (EE) PreInit failed for input device "Mouse0"
> No core pointer
>
> Fatal server error:
> failed to initialize core devices

I think the problem is here ... it fails to recognize the mouse.
What kind of mouse are you using ? Try to specify a different device
or dpkg-reconfigure the xserver to auto-detect it.

++ Blog: http://blog.rsise.anu.edu.au/?q=pietro
++
++ "All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
++ Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.