[clug] [UNCLASSIFIED] Pizza

Paul Wayper paul.wayper at anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 27 04:31:21 GMT 2006

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:
> Sushi platters would be good finger food and also be healthly (but dearer
> than pizza). I suspect price/performance and tradition will mean there will
> always be some pizza at CLUG.

Of course, we could also try:

1) Meeting Coordinator asks for people to email $MEAL_COORDINATOR if
they want to be included in the $CUISINE order when the announcement
goes out about the meeting topic.
2) On the day, $MEAL_COORDINATOR picks an organisation that can supply
$SERVES of $CUISINE on the day, and somehow it makes its way to the
meeting that evening.
3) Everyone in @DINERS pays $COST_PER_SERVE on the night, to reimburse
$MEAL_COORDINATOR.
4) A new $CUISINE and $MEAL_COORDINATOR are picked for the next meeting.
5) Everyone else gets pizza.

This way we get a reasonable variety of foods, the burden of catering is
spread amongst the populace and people who want to eat pizza still get
the option.  The only thing it doesn't really allow for is people who
turn up on the night wanting $CUISINE.  Still, that's their problem -
this isn't an attempt at pleasing everyone all the time.

Thoughts?

Paul