[clug] OT: Velocity

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Tue Nov 21 08:54:42 GMT 2006

Brett Worth <brett at worth.id.au> wrote:
> I'm currently using Grapevine for my Transact ISP and am thinking of
> switching to Velocity for higher D/L and free fixed IP.

I made that exact same switch for the fixed IP about six months ago, very
happy with the decision. And it's a couple of dollars a month cheaper.

> Does anyone on the list have an opinion about this?   Is Velocity OK?

I've had the odd outage or two, but I think they've mostly been due to the
dodgy TransACT network, not Velocity.

I can recommend their customer service highly. I messed up my credit
card details (two or three times, *mumble*) when my old card expired and
it took nearly a month before Velocity actually started to get paid again.
Completely 100% my fault, they were very patient and didn't charge me a
late fee or a dishonour fee. Nice people.

I haven't had to use tech support, but my wife called today and got the
"disable virus scanners and firewalls" script read to her. Irresponsible
but standard behaviour.
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au