[clug] upgrading to fedora

Leigh Purdie intersect at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 08:06:15 GMT 2006

Yeah, you should be ok to do this Adrian - I've done something very
similar a few times. I'd recommend throwing in a live CD as Robin
mentions, and save off your data somewhere safe first. Then, rm -rf
all directories that DONT have data you wish to keep (eg: rm -rf /bin
/boot /dev /etc /initrd /lib ... and so on), pruning the directories
down that have partial data.

Then you can install fedora over the top. Make sure you choose the
'preserve existing partition' option, and ensure that the 'format'
option is turned off for everything except swap and potentially /boot.

Regards,

Leigh.