[clug] New copyright law?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Nov 20 04:33:31 GMT 2006

On 20 Nov 2006, at 15:09, Michael James wrote:

> Risking fines of who-knows-how-much,
>  here is what Crikey had to say on the 8th Nov:
>> So what is behind these new laws -- and why the rush? Well, parts
>> of the
>> bill are there because we need them to comply with the US FTA –
>> that’s
>> Schedule 12, the ‘anti-hacking’ law about digital rights
>> management. But
>> the government is using this urgency to push through a lot of
>> other stuff,
>> including the criminal laws.

You know, with all the problems that New Zealand has, at least you
can still go out and have a good time without being liable for
prosecution by the RIAA.

John W's Australia keeps looking like a worse and worse place to be
living.

Quote from a whitepaper to frame an argument critical of John W's
plans for the sheeple? Wow... end up fined tens of thousands of
dollars for copyright violation, and possibly a one way trip to the
slammer for sedition.

"The tighter you clench your fist, the more star systems will slip
through your fingers"

Alex