Faster broadband (Was Re: [clug] stupid Communications ministers)

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sun Nov 19 21:42:40 GMT 2006

On 18 Nov 2006, at 11:25, Jacinta Richardson wrote:

> I agree with Steve.  I want faster upload because from a business
> point of view that's where we're suffering.  There are too many
> times when we saturate our upstream while our downstream stays
> idle.  Sure it would be nice to be able to pull various things down
> faster, but that has less of a negative impact on our business.

You can get 512/512 ADSL today - just ask your ISP. It means much
higher costs than 1500/256, but you do get double the outbound speed,
and it's cheaper than hosting/colocation.

Of course, there's always the option of hosting through somewhere in
the USA like Rackspace - they're very cheap and you get a boatload of
bandwidth for very little expense.

Alex