[clug] MythTV Questions

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Tue Nov 14 11:12:22 GMT 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 08:33:48PM +1100, Ian Bardsley wrote:
> /Setting up mythtv-database (0.20-0.2ubuntu2) ...
> Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at -e line 5, <> line 1.
> Failed to create database (incorrect admin username/password?)
> If you supplied incorrect information, try:
> dpkg-reconfigure --force mythtv-database

It still can't connect to the database. If you didn't _purge_ the old
install, it's picking up the old install's debconf answers.

Do dpkg-reconfigure as described above, and be sure that it's got
the right database root password.

I vaugely recall tripping over the same thing when I set it up at
my place, but don't remember the specific details.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
On-hiatus Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.Com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/