[sjh@svana.org: Re: [clug] Is mirror.linux.org.au/debian broken?]

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Mon Nov 13 09:34:37 GMT 2006

----- Forwarded message from Steven Hanley <sjh at svana.org> -----

>From sjh  Mon Nov 13 20:34:25 2006
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 20:34:20 +1100
From: Steven Hanley <sjh at svana.org>
To: Drew Parsons <Drew.Parsons at anu.edu.au>
Cc: mirroring at lists.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [clug] Is mirror.linux.org.au/debian broken?

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 08:27:28PM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> I've configured my Debian apt to use the local anu Debian mirror at
> ftp://mirror.linux.org.au/debian/
>
> For the last several days the update step has been complaining
> W: GPG error: ftp://mirror.linux.org.au unstable Release: The following
> signatures were invalid: BADSIG 010908312D230C5F Debian Archive
> Automatic Signing Key (2006) <ftpmaster at debian.org>
>
> That is, the signed packages facility is not working.
> Is the mirror broken?

The mirror pulse happened from our upstream mirror while it was still in the
process of mirroring. Thus we ended up with a broken archive today. We
decided to leave it untul the mirror sync tonight and see if it fixed itself
up.

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
don't even bother trying, to say something clever, clever is as clever does

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
first light ugly and more muscular than the dark