[clug] MtM site final draft

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Mon Nov 13 04:24:49 GMT 2006

Ben wrote:
[snip]
> The two penguins should look the same, or distinctly different (the
> header one looks dark at the moment, but mainly because the menu one
> is shinier.
Hey Ben,
Partly that's because of the two different theme styles. The tango!
project doesn't like shiny, glossy things but crystal does. Ask Pascal
I'm sure he'll explain in more detail ;)

> The dark background of the header has a bit of an eerie feel too it
> (dark blue is like deep water), but maybe that's just my tastes.
I've taken your suggestions into consideration and have made a new
banner. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

> The pages that the links go to should have something graphical on
> them. To the casual browser they look a bit unfriendly - maybe at
> least the graphic that was their menu icon, but more importantly some
> nice big picture showing the program in use, or some happy person
> using Linux, or something. Penguins are good, but there needs to be
> some people too :-)
Do you mean the icons for the nine pages? Or the "<< back | home |
forward >> navigation thing?

Cheers!
Chris