[clug] MtM site final draft

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 13 02:42:36 GMT 2006

A couple other reasons for Mac users to "Make the move":
  - Mac OSX doesn't have a decent office suite. (that's a full-stop)
  - Mac support for Java is a little woeful at times (like when 1.5
	came out)
  - there's heaps of hardware that doesn't (and, most likely, won't)
	have drivers - said hardware comes with 'doze only drivers
	and OSX's "FOSS kernel" is not really FOSS enough to allow
	others to write the drivers for it

Anyway, we have four Macs running OSX at home - great as kids toys.
One of them dual-boots into Linux. Everything else is running Linux.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.