[clug] MtM site final draft

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Mon Nov 13 01:21:57 GMT 2006

Hugh Fisher wrote:
> Paul Wayper wrote:
>> Chris Smart wrote:
>>
>>> http://makethemove.net/demo
>>
>> Oh, and BTW, I think you should include 'Macintosh OS-X' in the list of
>> operating systems on the 'why.php' page.  Maybe just say "OK, so the
>> operating system you've got from Microsoft or Apple "works fine", so why
>> should you bother about Linux?"
>
> I don't think this is a good idea. Look at the "Why" list from a
> Mac owners perspective:

[snip]

> Seriously, it's a different community and you'll need different
> reasons if you want Macintosh people to switch.
I agree. That's why I didn't add it originally.

And without wanting to get into an argument here, I think it is worth
noting that OSX is only what it is because of the open source community.
Apple didn't invent it, it took the technology and improved it (which is
fine, but if it wasn't for FreeBSD you'd be using OS9, well, probably
Linux).

-c