[clug] RE: Why switch to Linux

Jason j.lee.nielsen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 22:46:38 GMT 2006

Well you got me interested enough to try it, luckily I don't need to go into windows to do that, I just used "sudo apt-get install wine" and then I installed textPad without a problem, seems to run well, don't think it will replace eclipse with pyDev plug-in for me but its worth a play to see what it offers. If there is a feature I really like I might even look at writing a eclipse plug-in for it. I have been meaning to try my hand at that.

And if you really like your particular solitaire package I'm sure that will run as well.

For reference if you have trouble I am running Ubuntu Edgy, Im not sure what repository wine came out of but it should be one of the basic ones.

Jason