[clug] IMAP multiple users:one account

Kristy A. Bennett kristy at kristy.id.au
Sun Nov 5 05:44:56 GMT 2006

Heya,

Robert Edwards wrote:
> The main ANU mail server supports IMAP (and has done for many years - I
> use it for work every day). I think it is on a Sun Solaris system and
> also supports Squirrelmail (the web mail server)
I thought so.

>(I am confused as to
> whether this guy you are quoting is discussing web-mail over IMAP or
> IMAP in general).
So was/am I.

> Anyhows, the Department of Computer Science also has IMAP for it's main
> mail server (using dovecot) and also supports Squirrelmail (over IMAP)
> for web-mail users.
>
> So, I am having a little trouble deciphering some of the cryptic nature
> of your question, but I can say that IMAP works fine at ANU for both
> the main mail server (many thousands of users) and for the Departmental
> servers (hundreds of users).
I think I was taken a little aback so the subsequent questions were to
determine if there was a broader/more fundamental issue that I had
missed (see below) that others were of or had encountered.

 >> Is there something more sinister that I should be concerned about that
 >> I am apparently oblivious to?  Or, is it possible that the current
 >> 'web-guy' is afraid of something else?

Thanks!
--

Kristy Bennett
     *****
EML kristy at kristy.id.au
URL http://www.kristy.id.au
     *****

linux.conf.au 2007 - the place to be in January 2007!