[clug] IMAP multiple users:one account

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Nov 2 22:58:09 GMT 2006

The main ANU mail server supports IMAP (and has done for many years - I
use it for work every day). I think it is on a Sun Solaris system and
also supports Squirrelmail (the web mail server) (I am confused as to
whether this guy you are quoting is discussing web-mail over IMAP or
IMAP in general).

Anyhows, the Department of Computer Science also has IMAP for it's main
mail server (using dovecot) and also supports Squirrelmail (over IMAP)
for web-mail users.

So, I am having a little trouble deciphering some of the cryptic nature
of your question, but I can say that IMAP works fine at ANU for both
the main mail server (many thousands of users) and for the Departmental
servers (hundreds of users).

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.