[clug] terminal woes

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at nicta.com.au
Fri May 26 08:10:51 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am working on a particular debian server fairly newly installed and
I have this annoying problem.  I use Bash and Terminal.app and when I
have to use a command line longer than the terminal window (80 char
at the moment) the system doesn't wrap properly (cr but no lf) and I
end up with wrapped part of the line overwriting the first part of
the line ie the prompt and all.  Makes it very hard to use long lines.

It has happened to me occasionally and I've completely forgotten how
to fix it if I ever knew.

My memory is telling me about "tic" but I really don't want to go
there if I don't have to.

Any clues here?

Kim

--
Kim Holburn
Security Manager, National ICT Australia Ltd.

Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD] http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/
datefmt.htm
                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961