[clug] some notes on last nights talk

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Fri May 26 05:35:11 GMT 2006

Nathan Rickerby wrote:
> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 11:40:12AM +1000, Robert Edwards wrote:
>
>>- meant to say that a diskless client
>>

> Was there meant to be more to this point?

Ooops! So, what I meant to say here (before I was interrupted
and then lost my chain of thought) is that diskless clients don't
pose the same problems for security threats. If someone does break
in, that needs to be fixed, but they can't leave behind any
surprises as there is (usually) no non-volatile storage. Fix the
hole then reboot and get a clean file-system image from the server.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.