[clug] Job Ad

Duncan Bolt Duncan.Bolt at anu.edu.au
Tue May 23 05:58:18 GMT 2006

We are looking for a programmer/system administrator at the moment, here
is the ad.

This will include working on a Beowulf cluster if it makes it more
interesting/tempting.
http://rses.anu.edu.au/TerraWulf/

I don't think the selection criteria has made it to the web site below yet.

Duncan

----Subject Scientific programmer position----*
Research** **School** of Earth Sciences*

*Scientific Programmer*

*Fixed Term: 3 years*

*ANU Officer Grade 7 (Research) *

*Salary** **Range**:     $56,085 - $60,602 pa plus 17% super (
Reference: RSES 3416//*)

The Research School of Earth Sciences is seeking to appoint a scientific
programmer to support the activities of the Centre for Advanced Data
Inference. Activities will include programming of computational
algorithms, support for users in use of particular software or hardware,
administration of a computational cluster, as well as general
programming support.

Applicants should have a degree or diploma in mathematics or the
physical sciences, or equivalent combination of experience and training
together with relevant experience with code development in Fortran, C or
Java languages.  Some experience of computing in a parallel environment
would be advantageous.

*Selection Criteria:* http://info.anu.edu.au/hr/jobs/ or from Natalie
Fearon, T: 6125 3406, E: reception.rses at anu.edu.au

*Enquiries:* Dr Malcolm Sambridge, T: 6125 4557, E:
malcolm.sambridge at anu.edu.au

 Closing Date: Friday 9 June 2006

Duncan Bolt
IT Officer