[clug] Google internships for Uni students

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu May 18 17:17:25 GMT 2006

Richard wrote:
> My guess is that it's a reference to the "Summer/Winter (delete as
> appropriate) of Code".
> http://code.google.com/soc/

No. There is the summer of code (writing open source stuff, and Google
paying you), and there are internships which are the US equivalent of
the 12 week paid work placement I had to do to be allowed to graduate
from my Engineering degree.

I think that the current plan is for the Sydney internships to be mainly
software engineering, but I will ping some folk and see what I can see.

Cheers,
Mikal