[UNCLASSIFIED]RE: [clug] building computer

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Wed May 17 07:10:16 GMT 2006

Hi Fred,

Most people are actually quite good, be they in stores or at markets.

The only thing I'd watch is some of the "budget" mobos that can carry
non-standard badge engineered hardware. Getting some of the cheap and
nasty integrated features working properly can be a chore. For example,
I inherited a mobo that had a built in modem that was pretty much usless
and I had to peel labels off chips to figure out what the NIC was.

Antti