[clug] powersaved on a HP dv8218

ben.ellis at familycourt.gov.au ben.ellis at familycourt.gov.au
Wed May 17 02:39:07 GMT 2006

Hi,

I've been lurking on the list for a while now and never needed to bother
anyone :-).  I'm hoping someone can help me now.

I've recently bought a HP dv8218tx dual-core notebook and I'm installing
SuSE 10.1 on it.  The installation goes fine, however when I boot up after
the installation, it powers itself off.  What I've noticed is that (this
path is from memory, I don't have the notebook in front of me)
/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZ01/trip_points is set to a reasonable value,
TZ02/trip_points is 0 C, as is the temperature.  This is resulting in a
thermal shutdown each time I boot.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get this working, I've disabled
the powersaved for the time being.  I'd prefer to get this working properly
if possible.

Thanks

Ben

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments)
is for the exclusive use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.
It is noted that legal privilege is not waived because you have read
this e-mail.