[clug] lost ABC web site

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at nicta.com.au
Sat May 13 23:43:27 GMT 2006

You could start with a traceroute.

traceroute www.abc.net.au

On 2006 May 14, at 9:30 AM, Nicolas Cherbuin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a small network with a fedora 4 server using firestarter as a
> firewall. A strange thing is happening when I connect to the ABC
> website
> (www.abc.net.au).
>
> I look it up everyday multiple times and have never had trouble
> accessing
> it. However, since yesterday I cannot view it anymore. The browser
> (on the
> network) gives me a time out message. When I try from the server it
> tells
> me "connection refused" and when I ping I get:
>
> ping abc.net.au
> PING abc.net.au (203.2.218.61) 56(84) bytes of data.
>> From bytecard-gw.cor1.lei.net.au (203.221.207.241) icmp_seq=0 Time
>> to live
> exceeded
>
> I have no problem browsing other sites on the net. I have no real idea
> what to  look for or do about it, any suggestions would be
> appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Nic
>
> --

Kim Holburn
Security Manager, National ICT Australia Ltd.
Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 417820641  F: +61 2 6230 6121
mailto:kim.holburn at nicta.com.au  aim://kimholburn
Cacert Root Cert: http://www.cacert.org/cacert.crt
Aust. Spam Act: To stop receiving mail from me: reply and let me know.

Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD] http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/
datefmt.htm
                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961