[clug] lost ABC web site

Nicolas Cherbuin n.cherbuin at anu.edu.au
Sat May 13 23:30:59 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have a small network with a fedora 4 server using firestarter as a
firewall. A strange thing is happening when I connect to the ABC website
(www.abc.net.au).

I look it up everyday multiple times and have never had trouble accessing
it. However, since yesterday I cannot view it anymore. The browser (on the
network) gives me a time out message. When I try from the server it tells
me "connection refused" and when I ping I get:

ping abc.net.au
PING abc.net.au (203.2.218.61) 56(84) bytes of data.
>From bytecard-gw.cor1.lei.net.au (203.221.207.241) icmp_seq=0 Time to live
exceeded

I have no problem browsing other sites on the net. I have no real idea
what to  look for or do about it, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nic