[clug] Postgres sync / duplication

Robert Edwards bob at dcsmail.anu.edu.au
Sun May 7 03:33:27 GMT 2006

This is such an artificially restricted situation, that it is hard to
imagine how it would
apply in real life, but, given the scenario, you could run a job when
the user logs out
that:
 - inspects the logs on each PostgreSQL server looking for inserts,
updates and deletes
 - determines in which direction the syncs need to take place
(checkpoint each log)
 - apply the equivalent inserts, updates and deletes to the other server

In theory, if both started in sync, then both should remain in sync.
Dunno what to do
if something goes wrong, though.

Just my quick thoughts on the issue.

Bob Edwards.