[clug] Telstra ADSL

Adrian Blake adrian.blake at ieee.org
Tue May 2 08:43:01 GMT 2006

We are trying to set up ADSL and have an unusual problem. Not  Linux problem, but perhaps someone else has experienced something
similar.

The ADSL part works. When we use a dynamically assigned IP address from Telstra all is working well.

We requested a static IP address and then the problems started. Name resolution worked, but no other access/services. We could not
ping anything. A traceroute stops at  dea-core-2-.nsw.bigpond.net.au  We can ping up to dea-core-2-.nsw.bigpond.net.au

As soon as we mention we have a linux computer we might as well be talking to a brick wall.

Any suggestions

--
Adrian Blake
Molonglo Radio Observatory